Saturday, December 2, 2017

Councils


Being married is amazing. It is such a blessing to be with the one you love forever. It is amazing to know that through everything that may happen, you have someone by your side through all of it. It can also be hard. life is not always easy. It is not meant to be. It is important to know that through life's challenges, you can still become victorious. One thing that has helped my husband and I stay focus on the path we want to be on is having family councils. Family Councils are times once a week where we sit down and discuss a lot of things. As I have mentioned before, my husband and I do weekly inventories, and following those inventories, we start by planning our week. I am a planner through and through. I do not like surprises to pop up, I like to be prepared. So by the end of this step, my husband knows what my plans are for dinner, when I will be working, and if I need him or I need to do a special task that is not usual for our week. After that we set goals. We are currently working on praying as a couple more diligently. So we always follow up on the goal for last week and see our progress, and then we decide what our new goal should be, or if we need another week working on the old goal. By the end of this council, we always finish with a prayer. We feel so blessed with the time that we have with one another, and we do not want to waste it arguing about silly things that do not matter, rather than enjoying the time together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment