Pride is one of the topics discussed in my house a lot. My husband and most of his family are not shy about sharing their accomplishments, or boosting themselves up. I and my family on the other hand are not so vocal. When something good happens to us, we tend not to share it because we do not like attention on ourselves. When my husband and I first got married it was something that took a lot of adjustment. I was not used to having someone come home at the end of the day and tell about all of the wonderful things they did. I took that as him being prideful and it caused some contention. In reality though, he was just proud of his accomplishments, as he should be. The harsh contrast between how I was raised and how he was is what caused me to think that. I have learned that him telling me he is proud of what he did, he is not putting me down, or others around him, he simply just wants me to celebrate along with him for his accomplishments. Being prideful causes a lot of problems. No person is better than another. We all should celebrate together the accomplishments that we can achieve. Our goal in this life to learn and grow, and to prepare to live with our Heavenly Father again. I know that being prideful is not going to get us there. It is going to prevent us from learning all that we can. Knowledge is power, but when we think we know it all and do not need any help, then we are hurting our self which results in no progression. Heavenly Father wants us to succeed and he wants us to celebrate the moments with those we love we do accomplish our goals. He does not want us to become hurtful to others.
No comments:
Post a Comment