Friday, October 20, 2017

Finding the Positives


Some people find it easier to focus on the negative. Others are better able to focus on the positive. In marriage though, focusing on the negative can be very bad. There are some times where I all I can find are negatives about a situation. Sometimes my mindset can quickly turn to me being the victim, and that is a dangerous mindset. Learning to be appreciative and grateful can change everything. I have seen in marriage that the times we are the happiest is when we both understand that the other person is trying. Some days the dishes might not get done. The laundry may still need to be folded. It is nobody's fault though if it doesn't get done. Some days it is not possible to accomplish everything on your to do list. Sometimes you honestly just need a break, and that is okay. It is okay to take a break. I know that Heavenly Father does not expect us to be perfect, and neither should our spouses, and if we do not want our spouses to judge us, we should not judge them. You have each other to be a help mate. To uplift and be there to comfort one another when times get hard. I have seen in my own marriage that when I take the time to uplift my spouse and comfort him when he is struggling he is much more willing to do the same for me when I have my own hard times.

No comments:

Post a Comment