Saturday, October 14, 2017

Newlywed

I am a newlywed. My husband and I have almost been married for six months and we have had our ups and downs, but overall I feel very blessed to be married to such a wonderful man. Friendship has been a key in all of this. Before we were married we talked and got to know each other as friends. We realized through those interactions that we wanted to try and be more than friends. I am so grateful that we did. The number one have to do thing that I realized early on is that you need to think about others more than yourself. It is so important to think of the bigger picture. There are times when all I can think about is me, me, and then some more me. I know that when I am in that mindset, I am not help to my husband. I am frustrated that he also is not thinking about me, and it turns into a big fuss. Instead what I need to do, is turn my focus to him. See what I can do to help make his load lighter or to make him happier. Not only does that make him happy, but it helps me to be more Christlike. It helps me to see how the Savior sees him. He is my best friend, and I should always make him a priority in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment